Important information about our services
HOOCHT. Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Financial Services Register number is 783246. Our main business is arranging and advising on regulated mortgage products.
Are there any limitations on your product range?
HOOCHT. offers a comprehensive range of mortgage products from a broad panel of lenders on the market. This list is increasing over time and, whilst we are currently unable to offer some products from lenders, we do scan the whole of the market.
How are you remunerated?
When you use our service to buy a mortgage product, the lender pays a commission to us. We do not charge you a fee for our services, and we will let you know what the value of the commission will be. The average fee HOOCHT. receives is 0.34% of the mortgage value.
We aim to provide a high level of service to all our customers but occasionally things may go wrong. If that does happen here’s how to complain:
If you have a complaint, please contact our HOOCHT. using one of the options below:
- 1. By email, sent to email@example.com
- 2. By letter, addressed to: HOOCHT., The Deep Business Centre, Tower Street, Hull, HU1 4BG; or
- 3. By telephone on 01482 832850
Please include your name and address, a contact telephone number, the email address you signed up with, your application number (if applicable), and details of why you are unhappy. If we do not have enough information to investigate your complaint we will contact you to ask for further information.
Obviously, we hope you won’t ever have any reason to complain, but if you do, we will try to resolve any complaint as quickly as possible. Depending on the nature of the complaint we may be able to resolve the issue(s) to your satisfaction within 3 working days, in which case we will send you a summary resolution communication setting out, amongst other things, how we have resolved things for you and information about the Financial Ombudsman Service.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint within 3 business days we will aim to resolve it within a maximum of 8 weeks; again, we will send you a summary resolution communication once we have resolved your complaint.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint or if you are still unhappy with our response to your complaint, you may be able to complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service who may be contacted by writing to The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR, calling 0800 0234567 or emailing complaint.info@ financial-ombudsman.org.uk. We are obliged to submit to the alternative dispute resolution procedure operated by the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Additionally, you may be able to submit a claim through the European Online Dispute Resolution Platform (available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr) if you prefer not to deal directly with the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Financial Services Compensation Scheme
If you make a complaint and we are unable to meet our liabilities, you may be entitled to compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Further information about the limits applicable to our services is available from the FSCS at http://www.fscs. org.uk/what-we-cover/products.
These terms (together with the documents referred to in them) tell you the terms on which you may use our website www.hoocht.com whether as a guest or a registered user. Use of our site includes accessing, browsing, or registering to use our site. These terms also apply to any services that we provide to you through or when using our site. Our services include advising you in selecting and arranging a mortgage once you have registered on our site; in these terms, we refer to these services as Mortgage Services.
These terms apply regardless of how you access our site and use our services, including all technology, devices and means of communication by which we make the site available or provide the services to you.
These terms set out the contractual relationship between us (the contract). They also tell you who we are, how we will provide services to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site or any of our services.
Part 1 sets out terms that apply specifically to our provision of Mortgage Services to you.
Part 2 sets out general terms that apply to the use of the HOOCHT. website and to any services that we provide to you (including Mortgage Services).
Part 1: Mortgage Services Terms
Part 1 of these terms applies specifically to Mortgage Services.
1. About the Mortgage Service
- 1.1 We provide mortgage advice based on your personal circumstances. Once we have advised you our service enables you to apply for your mortgage through our site.
- 1.2 We make recommendations for products that may be suitable for you based on the information that you give to us regarding your preferences or circumstances. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to us upon which recommendations are based, is accurate.
- 1.3 Any products that we recommend are not provided by us but are instead provided by third parties over whom we have no control.
- 1.4 The products and services on our site may only be applied for by individuals. We may decline an application if it appears to us to be placed for business purposes and if you do apply for any of the products on our website on behalf of a business or for commercial purposes, you will be in breach of these terms. Buy to Let Mortgages are exempt from this clause.
- 1.5 There is no charge to you for this Mortgage Service. Instead when you use our service to buy a product from a third party, that third party pays a commission to us.
2. Applying for a mortgage product
- 2.1 There are various stages involved in applying for a mortgage product using our Mortgage Service. We will guide you through these stages as you proceed with the application process.
- 2.2 Once you have submitted your application, we will send you an email acknowledgement. We will then liaise with the product provider and continue to communicate with you throughout your application process.
- 2.3 If you start a HOOCHT. mortgage application and do not finish it HOOCHT. will send you a range of reminder emails offering tips and advice on how to complete your HOOCHT. mortgage application.
- 2.4 We may refuse to proceed with an application if:
- a. your chosen product is no longer available and where an alternative product cannot be sourced/provided;
- b. there has been a pricing or product description error by the lender and where an alternative product cannot be sourced/provided
- c. your required documentation cannot be verified;
- d. we believe that you are unlikely to be suitable for a mortgage product that we can provide;
- e. your application has been declined by the mortgage provider;
- f. we have reason to believe that information that you have provided to us is inaccurate or misleading;
- g. we have reason to believe that you have made a high volume of applications and/or have repeatedly applied and withdrawn your application in a frivolous manner;
- h. you fail our Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) due diligence processes;
- i. the application appears to be for purposes that do not fit within the scope of our service (including as set out in these terms);
- j. the application appears to be for an address outside of the United Kingdom.
- 2.5 If we cannot process your application, we will contact you to let you know.
- 2.6 You agree that we may act on your behalf in liaising with the mortgage provider and any other third parties involved in the application process.
- 2.7 We are unable to provide any assurance that your application will be considered or accepted by a mortgage provider. Even if your application is accepted by a mortgage provider, we will have no responsibility for ensuring that the mortgage is entered into or fulfilled.
- 2.8 If you are applying for a mortgage in respect of a property that you wish to purchase, we will not be involved in any way in the purchase process. You will be responsible for providing all necessary details of the mortgage product and mortgage provider to your solicitor or conveyancing practitioner.
- 2.9 You may withdraw your mortgage application at any time before your mortgage has been entered into by calling our help desk on 01482 832850 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note any non-refundable lender fees already paid may not be refunded if you cancel an application.
3. Mortgage Market Monitoring
- 3.1 If you enter into a mortgage using our Mortgage Services, we will automatically compare your mortgage with other products available on the UK market from time to time. We will notify you if we believe there are other products or services that may be suitable for you to switch to in light of the information we have about you. For example, we may contact you towards the end of a fixed rate period on your mortgage. In order for HOOCHT. to provide an accurate mortgage service, your personal information needs to be up to date. Any changes in your circumstances that are not updated within your HOOCHT. account could mean that any mortgage quote will not reflect what you could borrow.
4. Marketing Services & Notifications
- 4.1 In addition, we may also contact you from time to time with details of marketing promotions, other services we may provide and with relevant news and comment that may be of interest to you as a mortgage applicant or owner.
- Examples of marketing activities include:
4.2 HOOCHT. may contact you by email, SMS, direct mail, phone or social media post.
4.3 If you want to opt out of HOOCHT. marketing services and communications, you can do so by emailing email@example.com, HOOCHT. will confirm your un-subscription within 48 hours of the email being sent.
4.4 You can opt out of receiving notifications of this sort at any time by clicking “Unsubscribe” from HOOCHT. marketing emails.
4.5 If you change your mind, you can re-subscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your sign-up email account.
- a. Carrying out market research, business and statistical analysis including the formation of a view on you as an individual in order to service you and others better.
- b. Upon signing up for the HOOCHT. mortgage application process, you are automatically enrolled to the HOOCHT. refer a friend program. This will enable you to refer friends and family to HOOCHT. and receive a reward upon their mortgage application being successfully completed.
- c. Information about relevant partnerships HOOCHT. forms with third party suppliers that we feel may be beneficial to you as a mortgage/home owner such as home insurance or home selling services.
5. Level of service
- 5.1 We will provide the Mortgage Services with reasonable skill and care and in a timely manner. Our Mortgage Services recommend products based on the information that you provide, including through any automated service that we make available. We are not able to take account of factors or any other information that are not notified or supplied to us.
- 5.2 Except as set out in section 3.1 above, all other warranties, representations and implied terms regarding the level of provision of the Mortgage Services are excluded to the greatest extent permitted by law.
6. Your information
- 6.1 The information you give us is used by the mortgage provider to decide whether to offer to provide you with a mortgage quotation. You must familiarise yourself with the product, read all information carefully before applying for any product and double-check all information to ensure that it is complete and accurate.
- 6.2 We aim to ensure that we accurately pass on the information you have provided to the product or service provider for the purpose of applying for the mortgage product on your behalf. We will not be obliged to check any information for you. Any errors or missing information may lead to your mortgage being invalid or may increase the cost or increase the time it takes to submit your mortgage application on your behalf.
- 6.3 Please also be aware that you may be committing a criminal offence if you knowingly provide misleading information for the purpose of obtaining a mortgage.
7. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- 7.1 If we fail to comply with the service standard set out in section 5.1 above, we will be liable for the loss or damage you suffer that is a reasonably foreseeable result of that failure. Loss or damage is only a easonably foreseeable result of a breach if at the time we entered into this contract it was an obvious consequence of our breach or was specifically contemplated by, and communicated in writing between, you and us.
- 7.2 Except as set out in section 7.1, we exclude, to the greatest extent permitted by law and under the regulatory system, liability for all loss or damage that you may suffer in connection with our provision of the Mortgage Service to you. This applies regardless of the legal principle that would, were it not for this section, entitle you to a remedy.
- 7.3 We only supply the service for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the service for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 7.4 We do not in any way exclude or limit liability we may have for:
- a. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- c. anything that cannot be excluded under section 57 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- 7.5 If you apply for and obtain any product or service, you will be contracting with a third party who will be providing that product or service to you on their own terms and conditions. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur in connection with any product or service you obtain after using our Mortgage Service or for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party in connection with that product or service.
8. Our right to withdraw or suspend the Mortgage Services
We may withdraw or suspend the Mortgage Services at any time and for any reason. If you are registered with us, we will contact you to let you know that we are going to suspend or stop providing the service. If we have already started to provide the Mortgage Services to you, we will let you know at least 2 weeks in advance of our stopping or suspending the supply of our Mortgage Services. In some circumstances, however, we may need to withdraw or suspend our Mortgage Services without notice to you, for example for reasons beyond our reasonable control.
Part 2: General Terms
1. Information about us
- 1.1 www.hoocht.com is a site operated by HOOCHT. Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10792116 and have our registered office at The Deep Business Centre, Tower Street Hull HU1 4BG.
- 1.2 HOOCHT. Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Financial Services Register number is 783246. Our main business is arranging and advising on regulated mortgage products.
- 1.3 To contact us, please email email@example.com
2. Changes to these terms and our site
- 2.1 We may change these terms and our site at any time, so please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you and your continued use of our site. If you are a registered user we will provide you with reasonable notice of any major changes. If you do not agree with the amended terms, you are entitled to stop using our site and services at that, or any, time.
- 2.2 We will do our best to ensure that the content of our website is accurate and up-to date however we can not guarantee this. We will review this page at least annually and display version details clearly at the top.
- 2.3 Whilst we continually monitor our platform and make every effort, we cannot guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
3. Accessing our site
- 3.1 Our site and services are made available free of charge.
- 3.2 We cannot guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We have contingency plans in place and will try and keep any down time to a minimum. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 3.3 You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
4. UK-targeted site
- 4.1 Our site and services are directed only at UK residents and nothing within our site or these terms constitutes a promotion or targeting of services or products to persons outside the United Kingdom.
- 4.2 We only provide services in respect of properties located in the UK and based on products offered by UK-based mortgage providers. Our site, and the services that we offer, are not appropriate or available for other countries. If you choose to access our site from outside the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to ensure that you are compliant with any applicable local laws.
- 4.3 These terms, and all communications in relation to our site and services will be in English.
5. Your account and password
- 5.1 Our site may enable you to set up a HOOCHT. user account area to enable you to access and use certain functionalities or services that are not accessible to other users. This could include, amongst other things, accessing parts of our website or storing information.
- 5.2 If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- 5.3 If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us by calling our help desk on 01482 832850 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5.4 We have the right to suspend or disable your account or any user identification code or password for any reason, and on a temporary or permanent basis. For example, we may do this where we believe that it is necessary for security reasons or if you have breached this contract. We may also do this if we need to carry out maintenance to the site or if we decide to discontinue our site or our services (or a relevant part of them).
- 5.5 We may add important documents about your relationship with us, your use of our site and the Mortgage Services to your Hoocht user account area. If we do this, we will not delete or amend such documents without your consent.
6. Your use of our website
- 6.1 You must use www.hoocht.com website for your personal use only and not for any business or commercial use. You must not use the website in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- 6.2 It is your responsibility to ensure that all information you provide to us or onto our website is complete and accurate, so please double-check your information before submitting it.
- 6.3 You will need to answer a number of questions in order to compare or obtain a quote for any product or service. These questions are designed to ensure that we and all relevant product or service providers have all the information necessary to provide you with accurate, appropriate and timely information relating to the products and/or services in which you are interested.
7. Intellectual property rights
- 7.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the content published on it. This includes copyright works and trademarks, which may or may not be registered. We reserve all of these rights.
- 7.2 You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use.
- 7.3 You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. You must not use any copies of any materials from our website in order to promote or disparage any other person or any services or products provided by any other person.
- 7.4 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- 7.5 You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining our agreement for you to do so.
8. No reliance on information
- 8.1 The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain appropriate separate advice (whether provided by us through our Mortgage Services or through another person) before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- 8.2 Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
9. Limitation of our liability
- 9.1 This section 9 does not apply to any supply of any Mortgage Services to you. Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to this, as set out in Part 1 of these terms.
- 9.2 Our site is free of charge and therefore, except as otherwise set out below, is provided to you on an ‘as is’ basis and your use of it is at your own risk. To the extent permitted by law, Hoocht Ltd excludes all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- 9.3 Except for any damage to your device or your digital content that is caused by us not using reasonable care and skill in making our website available to you, we will not be liable in any way to you or any other person as a result of any of the following:
- a. you using, or being unable to use, our site or downloading any content from it;
- b. you using, or being unable to use, any website linked to from our site; or
- c. you relying upon any content displayed on our site.
9.4 We do not in any way exclude or limit liability we may have for:
- a. death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- b. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- c. anything that cannot be excluded under section 57 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
- 10.1 We will use reasonable care and skill to ensure that our site and our communications with you are safe, secure and free from bugs, viruses and other defects. However, we are not able to guarantee that our site or any of our communications with you will be safe, secure or free from bugs or viruses or other defects.
- 10.2 You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- 10.3 You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
- 10.4 We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
11. Linking to our site
- 11.1 You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- 11.2 You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- 11.3 Our site must not be framed on any other site.
- 11.4 We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- 11.6 If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than as set out above, please contact info@ hoocht.com
12. Third party links and resources in our site
- 12.1 Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for either your information only or part of a commercial partnership designed to provide additional value during your Hoocht mortgage application.
- 12.2 We have no control over, or responsibility for, the contents of those sites or resources.
13. Applicable law
- a. if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you and we may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and
- b. if you are resident of Scotland, you and we may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
14. Other applicable terms
15. Other terms
- 15.1 We may transfer this contract to someone else. We may transfer our obligations under this contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations to you under this contract.
- 15.2 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. Except as outlined above, this contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- 15.3 You can end this contract at any time by calling our help desk on 01482 832580 or by emailing info@ Hoocht.com. If you do so, your Hoocht user account will be closed.
- 15.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs in these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 15.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
More information about our services can be found in our About us and FAQs or you can get in contact by emailing us at email@example.com